We have the first ever induction in to the Combat Hooligans Hall of moronity

Send News and Event Results


I don't know if moronity is a word or not, but it is now, I'm a writer and I can do that.

We'll see if Ric laughs as hard about this as I did.

Remember Adam Smith the guy who tested positive for both Marijuana and Cocaine at the Strikeforce at the Mansion show on Sept. 29?

Well, his steroids test came back and he tested positive for anabolic agents for metabolites of both Nandrolone and Stanozolol. This is according to California State Athletic Commission spokesman Bill Douglas.
Douglas also says that Smith is the first fighter to fail for both performance enhancing drugs and street drugs in the same exam.

Now, if you total up his suspensions and fines, he is out for 21 months and out 4,000. Yes, this is the man who earned exactly $500 to fight on this show. It should also be noted that all of those drugs did him no good because he lost his match against Duey Cooper.

Do I even need remind you that in California every fighter is tested on every show, so Smith knew the test was coming when he did all of those drugs, and he knew he was going to fail when he was tested. Although given he was coked and high and on roids he might not have even known his own name, which means it is fortunate his name isn't Saltalamaccia or something like that.

I want the guy who once commented that I was too harsh on these guys for calling them morons and told me I needed to get a life to come back and defend Adam Smith.

I will set up future rules for the Hall of Moronity and I'm sure we'll induct a class periodically and probably have a pannel of voters. However, in the case of Smith, I'm making him the first inductee, I'm the only one that gets to vote (as if you could possibly have voted against this anyway) and he goes in all by himself.

The Hall of Moronity inductees:

  1. Adam Smith


I'll say this much, he earned it.

Other than Smith's 2 failures and Bill Mahood's testing for performance enhancers, everyone else was great.

Credit: MMAWeekly

©2007 Combat Hooligans. Duplication of the content from this website without permission by its author(s) is prohibited. Any news, reports and commentary used from this site must be accompanied by a link to www.combat-hooligans.com

2 comments:

Ric Gillespie said...

Maybe the CSAC just mmade a bunch of tiny mistakes, and when added up, they make Smith look bad?

Casey Trowbridge said...

Well, in that instance, I'd not want to stand anywhere near him. I mean if that were the case, he'd be a pretty unlucky guy and always in danger of anvils falling on his head...and if a person were to factor in wind shifts and stuff anyone within a small radius of him could get creamed.