IFL Semifinals Results and Pub Discussion Update
Send News
The IFL Semifinals Series is done and it is the first time any of us have taken a crack at picking IFL events. Judging by the results, I think its safe to put the IFL on the permanent list.
Standings:
The attendance was announced at 7,077
Preliminaries:
Los Angeles Anacondas Vs. Iowa Silverbacks
Iowa Silverbacks Def. Los Angeles Anacondas 4-1
New York Pitbulls Vs. Tokyo Sabres
New York Pitbulls Def. Tokyo Sabres 3-2
Comments on the evenings events as it relates to our prediction contest. You may notice 16 points given yet only 14 bouts. I also gave points for picking the team winner correctly or incorrectly.
I was hurt in the preliminaries as Euan and Danger both went 4-0 and I went 2-2. I could never recover.
Euan went 5-0 in the first series correctly picking all 5 winners, and got another point for predicting the Silverbacks to win. Mark went 4-1 only missing on Chris Clements and once again correctly predicting a Silverbacks victory. I also went 4-1 in this series, only missing on Alex Shoenauer and also predicting a win for Iowa. So Euan was 10-0 Mark was 9-1 and I was 7-3 going in to the second series.
In the second series, Euan went 3-2 picking Tokyo to win, for his final mark of 13-3. Mark also went 3-2 and also picked Tokyo to win for his final mark of 12-4. I went 3-2 as well, curse you Delson Heleno, but I actually did predict a New York win so I get an extra point that does me no good going 11-5 overall.
You can see our picks in full including Mark’s funny names here
Also, a reminder our next event is WEC 29 ‘Condit Vs. Larson’ on Sunday. That thread is here

No comments:
Post a Comment