PWG Battle Of Los Angeles Night 1 and 2 results
Send News
From the PWG message board:
Night 1:
-Bryan Danielson came out and said he is here to watch the tournament, and will wrestle at the next PWG show.
-Dino and Excalibur came out and brought out the referees and all participants of BOLA this year. A really nice touch, gave the tournament a huge feel unfortunetely followed by...
The Young Bucks def. Los Luchas. An odd way to start the show I think. Not a very good match at all. Lots of moves, but none of it really seemed to mean anything.
Joey Ryan def. Chris Hero. Chris originally won but was caught with something that Scott Lost tried to use in interference (couldn't tell what it was.) This match was alright, but I didn't really like the finish. This also seemed to go on a little too long, time that Evans vs. PAC could have used.
Roderick Strong def. Austin Aries. A very good match. I thought it was better then they recent singles match they had in ROH in Detroit. These two work great against eachother. I just thought the only negative was crowd heat. There wasnt much of it, that seemed to detract from the match at points.
Matt Sydal def. Jimmy Rave. Not as good as I was hoping for. It was ok, but a few missed spots seemed to take away from the overall match. Rave was a LOT of fun as a heel, and Sydal was kind of stuck in between his ROH heel character, and his old face character.
Alex Shelley def. Tyler Black. A great match. Started just a little slow, but it built to a great, dramatic match with lots of believable near falls.
-After the match Shelley got on the mic and said PWG was his and Sabin's favorite place to wrestle. And that if something happened to him, he would know that he said a proper goodbye. He then said "Goodbye, PWG. Thank you." Which is odd, considering he advanced in the tournament. Otherwise a memorable, honest promo. I liked hearing him talk, as in TNA we rarely see him cut in-ring promos like this.
Claudio Castagnoli def. Doug Williams. I thought it was a good match. Nothing really amazing, but the uppercut battles were fun to watch.
PAC def. Jack Evans. I think this math definetely lived up to the hype. It wasn't really sloppy like some were worried about. I think they actually worked well together, and had some really good spots. As well as Jack giving PAC some attitude. A little on the short side, but a lot of fun. I consider this and the main event tag tied for MOTN.
Steen and Generico def. Dragon Kid and Susumu Yokosuka. Another match that built and built and had some amazing double team moves. Dragon Kid is really fun to watch, and I think Susumu was good also. A really good match.
Overall Thoughts: Started out a little shaky, with the first two matches not really getting the crowd going, but as the show went on things seemed to get better and better. Shelley/Black was a big surprise for me. I wasn't expecting that, even though Shelley is fantastic, I just didnt expect Black to hold his end and put on a great match like he did. Unless Doug Williams wrestles Night 3, kinda seems like a waste, but I expect that we will see him Sunday. No math of the years on this show, but a lot was really good, and the last two matches were very good to great. Considering the extremely high temperature of the armory tonight, I understand that a lot of the crowd was just dead. I think this hear certain matches as well. I had a great time tonight, and we have two more nights to go!
Night 2:
TJ Perkins & Ronin over Karl Anderson & Bino Gambino. Good opener.
CIMA over Human Tornado. Great match.
Shingo over Scott Lost. Also great.
Nigel McGuinness over Davey Richards. Good match
Necro Butcher over Kevin Steen. Said to be disappointing; short match, with almost all wrestling.
El Generico over Tony Kozina was described as okay.
Dragon Kid over Susumu Yokosuka in an awesome match.
2007 Round 2 BOLA
Roderick Strong vs Joey Ryan
Matt Sydal vs Alex Shelley
Claudio Castagnoli vs PAC
Shingo vs CIMA
Nigel Mcguinness vs Necro Butcher
EL Generico vs Dragon Kid
©2007 Combat Hooligans. Duplication of the content from this website without permission by its author(s) is prohibited. Any news, reports and commentary used from this site must be accompanied by a link to www.combat-hooligans.com















No comments:
Post a Comment