Back to the Future 3
Send News
Howdy guy and weclome to another Back to the future with me Mark Danger. Today I am going toreview ECW Wrestlepalooza from 1998. This show was the first of ECW to hit Georgia. The pay-per view was done about 2 miles from where I live know. The lines was very long and thecrowd was hot all night long. You can see me on the show wearing a Carolina football jersey.That was one of the best shows that I have went to. I got two things there, great wrestlingand some head. You'll see what I meant by getting head at the end of the show. So lets jumpin the time warp to May 3 1998................................................
Joey Style opens in the ring as the chants of ECW are going. God I miss the old ECW.
First off its the FBI (Gudio,Tracy Smothers and Tommy Rich) vs Blue Meanie and Super Nova.This was a very funny to watch. Lots of great spot and ways to tell a story. Cobb County used to be a hot bed for great wrestling. Gudio and Super Nova started the match. Lots of back and forth action. Everyone got involed in this match, including the ref. He won the dance off. Super Nova hit his finisher on Gudio and the crowd sings YMCA to end it. I gave this match 3 1/2 stars.
They now show a video package of Mickey Whipwreck.
Next up is Justin Credible with Jason vs Micky. This was billed a grudge match. Mickey hit the ring with fist of flury. Lots of sic bumps. Micky is a bump machine. A F'N chant is going on now. Justin is now going ape crap on Mikey and he is fighting back. They bringout a table and Mickey put Justin threw it and he is hurt. They both now have chairs andMickey hit Justins chair for a wicked shot. Justin hit a piledriver on the chair for thewin. Lots of spots to call. Great match. I gave it 3 3/4 stars.
The old ECW gave time for there matches. Todays wrestling just would not allow that to happen. Its a shame.
Now we have Axl and Balls calling out Lance Storm and Chris Candido out. They are starting the match. Balls ate my eggroll at a meet and greet. Lance and Chris come out. Chris then go's back and redo his entry. Both Chris and Lance can't get along. The challengers B & Acome down the asile with the fans going nuts. Lots of stiff spots and going backand forth action. I think that Lance Storm is great worker. I wish I could have seen moreof him. This match is bonkers. A free Ric Flair chant had started. He was suspended thenfrom WCW back then. Lots of Hardcore shots and classic wrestling move were done. The finishsaw Lance Storm doing a drop kick and hitting Balls. Lance went for the win then Chrisbroke it up and did the pin himself. Afterwards Lance and Chirs fought to the back area.I gave this match 4 stars.
They now call out former Georgia wreslting legends. Junk Yard Dog ( me and him hated each other),Dick Slater ( when he was in the Hardliners he was great) and the Masked Superstar was there,and Bob Armstrong. These guys are legends of the ring.
Joey is now in the ring to interview Shane Douglas. Douglas was all messed up. Arm in a cast and was going to have sugery the the next day. He put down the WWE. He told that he was going to stetch Shawn Michaels. He next went off WCW next. Shane said he hates Ric Flair. He now talks about his injurys. Broken arms and etc..... Then Tazz comes out and attacks Shane.Tazz is then arrested and was carried off to jail. I gave this segment 4 stars.
Bam Bam Biglow and New Jack is next. This match was crazy. Lots of sic bumps, crazy objectshots. This match was pure choas. Lots of weapons were used. Like guitar, tray, crutches, cookie sheet pan, Godzilla toy, a hockey stick and glore. Finish saw them go threw the crowd and New Jack jumping from a second story and hitting Bam Bam ith a Guitar. Bam Bamthen recoverd and picked up New Jack and pinned him into the ring. I gave this match 4 stars.
Next up is the Dudleys vs Sandman and Tommy Dreamer. The crowd sing Enter Sandman which I remember was banannas. Lots of stiff shots. This match was hard to call with action that was everywhere. The crowd was eating this stuff up. Dreamer was also a bump machine back then. Sandman got hurt and Spike came and helped Dremer with the match. Sandman came back and helped his team to victory. I gave this match 4 stars.
Next up is RVD vs Sabu. This was a match classic. ECW gave them the time to put on a wrestling clinic. They were boring chants that was done, but these people do not knowwhat telling a story is all about. Finish saw a time limit draw. The fans chanted we wantmore. They fought for 30 mins and the crowd chanted 5 more mins. I gave this match 5 stars.The finish wasn't the best but I could not figure how to end it.
Next up is Al Snow ( They threw head to us) vs Shane Douglas. Two people who I thought wouldnot have a great match. They proved me wrong and the people in the back wrong. Great work from the to combations. Lots of high spots and great wrestling moves. Al Snow came veryclose to becoming a the new ECW champ but he felled. The entire roster was out for thismatch. Douglas pinned Snow clean and it rained head. This match was 5 stars also. They both shook hands after it was over with and was lifted on the shoulders from there peers.
In all this was the first pay per view that I had saw. There was not a bad match the entire night. I lost my voice there from screaming and having fun. It sucked becuase I had to work the next day. But who knows wrestling might get better. I mean how could it getworse. Thanks for reading and be HARDCORE
©2007 Combat Hooligans. Duplication of the content from this website without permission by its author(s) is prohibited. Any news, reports and commentary used from this site must be accompanied by a link to http://www.combat-hooligans.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment